Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What If?


 What If?

"What" and "If" are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side by side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life. What if, What if, What if?




What if there was no cotton to make this beautiful hand made topper?

What if there were no molds to make these lovely dishes?
What if there were no artists to paint the delicate flowers?
What if color was just black and white?
What if there was no BLING?


 What if there was no Royal Warwick to create this Chocolate Pot to hold all of my pretties?



And this Sugar bowl?














But, What If we take the time to treasure our love like a blossom of a rose? It starts out as a bud and gradually opens up to a beautiful flower. The many petals on a rose is like the many layers in love.





What If you had a chance of finding true love?
The greatest love story told.......is your own.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY


I will be linking up to Susan at BNOTP
and The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays




Resources:
Linens: Left over material from a project (pink) and topper from Ebay
stemware: Cristal d'Arqus
silverware: Oneida Michelangelo
salt cellars: crystal  Ebay
knife rests: crystal  Ebay new this year
charger: royal creamware berkley pierced   bought in England
dinner plate, bread plate, cup and saucer: Queen Anne Romance  bought in England
luncheon plate:  Theo Haviland Limoge   Ebay a few years ago
cereal bowl: Rose Swan Pink Rose    Ebay a few years ago
glass rose: Dollar Store
candle sticks: Walmart a few years ago
tea light holders: Dollar Store
chocolate pot: Warwick  ebay years ago
sugar bowls: Theo Haviland Limoge   ebay purchase this year
candlesticks on mantel: ebay purchase
angels: hubby bought them a few years ago  auction
beaded hearts: Michaels a few years ago or dollar store
 


Please feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy reading everyone of them!

Muah!  
Andrea

11 comments:

Vintage Clutter said...

Loved the post & the comments , beautiful pictures and made me think about 'what if"

Robin

The Tablescaper said...

Great post. Love those chargers. I've got to say I was a bit disapointed to learn that you had purchased them in England! LOL!

Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Andrea, oh my goodness. This is all so beautiful! I love it all. Your angel with the hearts. You china is gorgeous! You definitely have a masterpiece here. I wonder why more people aren't commenting. You are a winner in my book! XO Linda

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Andrea, I love your beautiful cream and pink table settings! Those limoges and the dishes you found in England could live with me! Beautiful table. And a wonderful theme! Linda

Unknown said...

Your table is absolutely beautiful.....looks like it come out of a magazine.
How romantic :)
Happy Valentines day

Entertaining Women said...

We had an interesting Bible study lesson one time. The question was, "If everything else in my life was an abysmal failure...nothing went right in the short or long run...would God's grace still be sufficient for me? Your beautiful tablescape post brought that memory to mind. My answer is an absolute, "Yes!" Thank you for sharing your lovely design. Cherry Kay

Marlis said...

Your silk dupioni is the perfect shade to go with your lovely dishes.. they are quite exquisite! As is the chocolate pot, the chargers, oh the chargers!!! Your table is the perfect setting for romance. Thanks for dropping in and leaving your kind comments. happy Valentine's day!

Marie Arden said...

Those pale pink plates are wonderful I love all the delicate colors. Looks like you love pink and plates like I do.
Happy Valentine's Day
Marie Arden Pink Living

Jacqueline said...

What if the whole blog world was closed down!! I think I would wither away. What fun it is to come and see everyone's tables. Yours is so beautiful and romantic. The layers of plates is just wonderful. Of course, I love the bling. That is a napkin ring. I think my guests would try and pocket those! Have a wonderfully romantic Valentine's Day and write more chapters in your love story.

Marigene said...

Andrea, this romantic table is stunningly beautiful...I love every piece of it...the table topper is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.

EFT Therapy said...

Everything on your post looks perfect and lovely! Love the hand-made lacy topper. It's gorgeous!