Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pepperoni Bread

Pepperoni Bread for Game Day or any day

    Do you have recipe books from when you first started cooking?  I am sure you do and probably have accumulated many many more over the years like I have!  They keep piling up and get lost in the back of the cupboard (this is where I keep most of my cookbooks).  I was cleaning it out the other day and found my 1st recipe book back when I first got out of high school.  I had forgotten all of those neat recipes from Nat Geo days.
    So today I want to share my Pepperoni Bread with you. I need to make a bunch to send up to my son in college. So.......let's get cookin!





Pepperoni Bread
1 loaf frozen Bread Dough
(let rise in oven for 3 hours)

Spread dough on a greased cookie sheet
(I divide each loaf in to 5 pieces)







Mix together:
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp oregano (I use Italian Seasoning instead)
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic poweder
salt & pepper (I also use some red pepper flakes)

Spread this mixture over the bread dough



Place  30 to 50 slices of pepperoni slices on top of mixture. (I chopped mine up)



Then place about 10oz of provolone cheese on top of pepperoni (I take 1 or 2 slices and cut them in half and place them on top of the pepperoni)



Roll the bread dough and let rise in warm oven for 1 1/2 hours.



While the bread is rising, let's take a quick tour around the kitchen for a little fall decorating.



It is time to bake the bread!
Bake @ 350 for 30 mins until golden brown.
If you have any of the mixture left over, I brush the tops of the bread before baking.



And there they are! All ready to be packed up and sent to my son.
Try these tasty treats for an after school snack, during football games or just whenever. I am sure you will enjoy them.


As you can see, we kept a few for ourselves!

I will be posting this with:


Until next time....

Muah!
Andrea


2 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Well, I'm impressed with this bread, Andrea! And I love how you multi-task in between baking... the fall decorating looks great!

Your son is a lucky guy!

XO,

Sheila

Barbara F. said...

Your bread looks so delicious, I can almost smell how tasty it is....I love your coffee vignette.....wish i could just pop on over for a cup and a slice of that bread! xo